VIETNAM: Metro Group rejects interest in cash-and-carry arm
Metro Group confirms it has rejected an offer for its Vietnamese Cash & Carry
German retailer Metro Group has rejected unsolicited offers for its cash-and-carry arm in Vietnam.
Speaking to just-food, Metro said it was approached with a bid for the Vietnam business. According to press reports, the offer was in the region of $500m from Thailand's CP Group. Metro refused to be drawn on the value of the offer and the identity of the bidder.
"We have dismissed these offers," confirmed the spokesperson who highlighted the offers were "checked as a matter of form".
Metro is one of the biggest employers in Vietnam, with 19 cash-and-carry wholesale centres in cities like Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. At present, its Vietnamese operation employs 5,000 people.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report