GERMANY/JAPAN: Metro opens first Japanese outlet in JV with Marubeni
German retail giant Metro has opened its first Japanese outlet in the members-only commercial wholesaling chain it is developing as a joint venture with Marubeni Corp. The new outlet has already signed up over 10,000 members from small restaurants and food retailers. Metro chairman and CEO Hans-Joachim Koeber told the Nikkei Report that the company has no current plans to enter the retail business in Japan as it has in Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund