GERMANY: Metro outstrips forecasts for Q3 profits
German retail titan Metro today [Thursday] reported a robust set of third quarter operating profits. The world's fifth-largest retailer outstripped expectations by posting a 16.1% rise in earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) to €188m (US$185m). Analysts had widely forecast EBIT at €171m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target