GREECE: Metro plans new distribution centre
Greek retailer Metro plans to invest up to €12m (US$14m) in a distribution centre in the industrial area of Inofyta, near Athens.
The supermarket and cash & carry chain operator said the move was aimed at improving Metro's delivery and supply network.
Currently Metro's central distribution centre carries up to two deliveries a day to the retailer's operations in the Attica prefecture, including the capital. Metro's operations include 36 supermarkets in Attica and five cash & carry outlets in Athens.
The company has targeted sales of €420m for 2003, an increase of 15% year-on-year, reported the Greek News Digest.
Retailers are expanding ever further, and food manufacturers are becoming more and more multinational. Expansion can bring increased profits, not just through higher sales but also more efficient sour...
Foodservice marketer and distributor Sysco Corporation has announced the appointment of Philip C Lahm as president and CEO of Sysco Food Services of Metro New York....
Retailer Metro Inc has announced today that its earnings for the third quarter ended 2 July 2005 grew to $56.9m (US$46.9m) compared with $50.4m for the same quarter of the previous year....
Retailer Metro Group has reported sales of €27.24bn (US$33.3bn) for the first half of 2005, compared with €26.221bn for the same period last year, with Eastern Europe leading the growth....
Metro Cash & Carry India Pvt Ltd, the Indian arm of the German trading giant Metro AG, hopes to speed up its expansion in the wake of the expected amendments in the Agriculture Produce Marketing Commi...
Metro Inc has announced that it has reached agreement with the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc. and its subsidiary, A&P Luxembourg, to acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares...
German retail Metro has today (Monday) announced a series of changes to the board of management of its Real hypmarkets....
German retail and wholesale company Metro has raised its stake in Metro Jinjiang Cash & Carry Co, a joint venture with China's Jinjiang International Group, to 90% from 60% to accelerate its expansion...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Comment: Act now to cut antibiotics in meat
- Focus: Delivering dairy to Indian consumers
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- Kerry benefits from snacking trends
- First Milk to cut jobs, milk prices
- Nestle launches Gerber Lil' Bits
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Associated British Foods plc - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019