GREECE: Metro plans new distribution centre
Greek retailer Metro plans to invest up to €12m (US$14m) in a distribution centre in the industrial area of Inofyta, near Athens.
The supermarket and cash & carry chain operator said the move was aimed at improving Metro's delivery and supply network.
Currently Metro's central distribution centre carries up to two deliveries a day to the retailer's operations in the Attica prefecture, including the capital. Metro's operations include 36 supermarkets in Attica and five cash & carry outlets in Athens.
The company has targeted sales of €420m for 2003, an increase of 15% year-on-year, reported the Greek News Digest.
Retailers are expanding ever further, and food manufacturers are becoming more and more multinational. Expansion can bring increased profits, not just through higher sales but also more efficient sour...
Foodservice marketer and distributor Sysco Corporation has announced the appointment of Philip C Lahm as president and CEO of Sysco Food Services of Metro New York....
Retailer Metro Inc has announced today that its earnings for the third quarter ended 2 July 2005 grew to $56.9m (US$46.9m) compared with $50.4m for the same quarter of the previous year....
Retailer Metro Group has reported sales of €27.24bn (US$33.3bn) for the first half of 2005, compared with €26.221bn for the same period last year, with Eastern Europe leading the growth....
Metro Cash & Carry India Pvt Ltd, the Indian arm of the German trading giant Metro AG, hopes to speed up its expansion in the wake of the expected amendments in the Agriculture Produce Marketing Commi...
Metro Inc has announced that it has reached agreement with the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc. and its subsidiary, A&P Luxembourg, to acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares...
German retail Metro has today (Monday) announced a series of changes to the board of management of its Real hypmarkets....
German retail and wholesale company Metro has raised its stake in Metro Jinjiang Cash & Carry Co, a joint venture with China's Jinjiang International Group, to 90% from 60% to accelerate its expansion...
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Mondelez evaluating Oreo production in Morocco
- Supermarkets in China
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report