CANADA: Metro posts higher Q4, full-year earnings
Canadian grocery store operator Metro has posted a 15.7% rise in quarterly profit to C$41.3m (US$31.7m), or 42 cents a share, compared to $35.9m, or 36 cents a share, a year earlier. For the fourth quarter to 27 September sales were $1.3bn, compared to $1.2bn a year earlier, while same-store sales rose 1.2%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival