GREECE: Metro posts strong increase in 2000 turnover, hopes to boost it further in 2001
The Metro supermarket chain has revealed a strong 15% increase in turnover during 2000, despite battling intense competition in the grocery sector. The turnover was posted at €268.6m. Profit for the same period is expected to remain reasonably stable meanwhile, but during the oncoming year, Metro has revealed that it aims to boost sales to €305.3m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund