GERMANY: Metro reports rise in Q3 profit, sales
German retail giant Metro has posted a 14% rise in third-quarter net income, despite clothing sales being hit by the hot summer weather in Europe. Metro reported net profit of €59.3m (US$68.0m) for the third quarter, compared with €51.9m a year earlier, reported Dow Jones News. EBIT rose 12.4% to €211.3m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti