CHINA/GERMANY: Metro sets up non-European sourcing HQ in Hong Kong
German retail giant Metro has set up its non-European sourcing headquarters in Hong Kong, according to Invest Hong Kong, a government department whose aim is to attract investment into the city. Metro's Hong Kong operations, Gemex Trading, is to be integrated into Metro and will operate under the name of MGB Metro Group Buying Hong Kong, from 1 November, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods