CHINA/GERMANY: Metro sets up non-European sourcing HQ in Hong Kong
German retail giant Metro has set up its non-European sourcing headquarters in Hong Kong, according to Invest Hong Kong, a government department whose aim is to attract investment into the city. Metro's Hong Kong operations, Gemex Trading, is to be integrated into Metro and will operate under the name of MGB Metro Group Buying Hong Kong, from 1 November, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations