CHINA/GERMANY: Metro sets up non-European sourcing HQ in Hong Kong
German retail giant Metro has set up its non-European sourcing headquarters in Hong Kong, according to Invest Hong Kong, a government department whose aim is to attract investment into the city. Metro's Hong Kong operations, Gemex Trading, is to be integrated into Metro and will operate under the name of MGB Metro Group Buying Hong Kong, from 1 November, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti