GERMANY: Metro silent over Auchan talks for Real deal
The sale would reportedly include Real’s operations in Poland, Romania, Russia and Ukraine, while excluding those in Turkey and some real estate
A spokesperson for Metro said he would not comment on a Bloomberg report today (29 November) that it is near to closing a EUR1bn (US$1.3bn) deal for the operations with Auchan.
The sale would exclude Real's operations in Turkey, sources told the publication.
Earlier this week, Metro had declined to comment on reports this week that Auchan was a frontrunner for the operations.
In July, Metro said it had received some interest in the international business of Real but said there had been "no concrete negotiations" and that no decision to sell the stores had been made.
Reports in October had linked Auchan, along with Russian retailer O'Key as two of three bidders in the running for the Real stores in Russia.
The group is expected to reveal details of its plans for the future of Real on the release of its full-year results next year.
Auchan could not be reached for comment.
Russian retailer O'Key has booked a jump in full-year sales and profits for fiscal 2012, as the group expanded into new cities in Russia....
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV
- TreeHouse rationalises production network
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale