GERMANY: Metro silent over Real exec exit talk
Metro's Real division has been the subject of much speculation of late
Metro Group has declined to comment on reports the CFO and COO of its Real hypermarket chain in Germany are to step down.
According to German publication Lebensmittel Zeitung, Real's COO Roland Neuwald and CFO Hansjörg Gidlewitz are to leave the company's German division.
A spokesperson for the retailer, however, told just-food Metro would not comment on speculation
The German retail giant's Real division has been the subject of much speculation of late. It has repeatedly denied reports it is looking to sell off its Real hypermarket stores outside Germany as part of a restructuring of the business.
In July, Metro said it had received some interest in the international business of Real but added no decision to sell Real's international arm had been made and that there had been "no concrete negotiations".
German retailer Metro Group and Dutch peer Ahold are among the latest firms to recall products after admitting certain lines contained horsemeat....
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Mars rice policy more than crop-ticking exercise
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour
- Greencore profits lifted by on-the-go food focus