GERMANY: Metro silent over Real exec exit talk
Metro's Real division has been the subject of much speculation of late
Metro Group has declined to comment on reports the CFO and COO of its Real hypermarket chain in Germany are to step down.
According to German publication Lebensmittel Zeitung, Real's COO Roland Neuwald and CFO Hansjörg Gidlewitz are to leave the company's German division.
A spokesperson for the retailer, however, told just-food Metro would not comment on speculation
The German retail giant's Real division has been the subject of much speculation of late. It has repeatedly denied reports it is looking to sell off its Real hypermarket stores outside Germany as part of a restructuring of the business.
In July, Metro said it had received some interest in the international business of Real but added no decision to sell Real's international arm had been made and that there had been "no concrete negotiations".
Schwarz Gruppe is not just the driving force behind Lidl’s remarkable success story over recent years, but is also behind Kaufland – currently the most successful hypermarket business in the EU. The K...
German retailer Metro Group and Dutch peer Ahold are among the latest firms to recall products after admitting certain lines contained horsemeat....
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Dairy in India: No quick win for multinationals
- Dairy in India: How to win over Indian consumers
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- General Mills to slash up to 800 more jobs
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre