GERMANY: Metro - slavering over the Croatian market - COMMENT (Members)
German cash and carry operator Metro has opened its first Croatian store. The retailer has taken yet another international step by moving into Croatia. Metro's international expansion policy, funded by divesting many of its non-cash and carry operations, is bolder than that of many of other food retailers. It seems to be paying off. In developed and less developed markets, Metro is going from strength to strength.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife