GERMANY: Metro - slavering over the Croatian market - COMMENT (Members)
German cash and carry operator Metro has opened its first Croatian store. The retailer has taken yet another international step by moving into Croatia. Metro's international expansion policy, funded by divesting many of its non-cash and carry operations, is bolder than that of many of other food retailers. It seems to be paying off. In developed and less developed markets, Metro is going from strength to strength.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega