GERMANY: Metro - slavering over the Croatian market - COMMENT (Members)
German cash and carry operator Metro has opened its first Croatian store. The retailer has taken yet another international step by moving into Croatia. Metro's international expansion policy, funded by divesting many of its non-cash and carry operations, is bolder than that of many of other food retailers. It seems to be paying off. In developed and less developed markets, Metro is going from strength to strength.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery