FINLAND: Metsa Tissue Kottonen chief to become HKScan CEO
Finnish meat processor HKScan has named Hannu Kottonen as its new chief executive.
Kottonen will take the job in February when current CEO Matti Perkonoja retires after three years in the role, HKScan said today (17 November).
He will join HKScan from Finnish tissue maker Metsä Tissue. HKScan chairman Juha Kylämäki said Kottonen had a "strong track-record and experience in integrating the business operations of international companies and in building uniform operating models".
Kylämäki added: "This experience will be needed in further developing the structure of the HKScan Group, which has rapidly expanded in recent years, and in integrating the robust country units into a more efficient entity."
Kottonen outlined his initial priorities for HKScan. "It is time at HKScan to take advantage of synergies to improve productivity and cash flow. Well-known brands, the high quality of the products, a responsible way of working and skilled employees create a good foundation for further development of the company."
Sainsbury's chief executive Justin King this week welcomed moves from its UK retail rivals to invest in product quality and service after the retailer reported an increase in annual underlying profits...
Dubbed 'The Outperformer' by one set of City analysts, Sainsbury's announced annual profits that beat forecasts last week and the UK retailer remains confident in the face of increased competition. Th...
HKScan is considering a range of options to boost the profitability of its struggling Swedish meat business, CEO Hannu Kottonen told just-food this afternoon (8 May)....
HKScan has warned that it could book a drop in full-year profits after weakness in its Swedish business weighed on first-quarter results....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities