FINLAND: Metsa Tissue Kottonen chief to become HKScan CEO
Finnish meat processor HKScan has named Hannu Kottonen as its new chief executive.
Kottonen will take the job in February when current CEO Matti Perkonoja retires after three years in the role, HKScan said today (17 November).
He will join HKScan from Finnish tissue maker Metsä Tissue. HKScan chairman Juha Kylämäki said Kottonen had a "strong track-record and experience in integrating the business operations of international companies and in building uniform operating models".
Kylämäki added: "This experience will be needed in further developing the structure of the HKScan Group, which has rapidly expanded in recent years, and in integrating the robust country units into a more efficient entity."
Kottonen outlined his initial priorities for HKScan. "It is time at HKScan to take advantage of synergies to improve productivity and cash flow. Well-known brands, the high quality of the products, a responsible way of working and skilled employees create a good foundation for further development of the company."
Sainsbury's chief executive Justin King this week welcomed moves from its UK retail rivals to invest in product quality and service after the retailer reported an increase in annual underlying profits...
Dubbed 'The Outperformer' by one set of City analysts, Sainsbury's announced annual profits that beat forecasts last week and the UK retailer remains confident in the face of increased competition. Th...
HKScan is considering a range of options to boost the profitability of its struggling Swedish meat business, CEO Hannu Kottonen told just-food this afternoon (8 May)....
HKScan has warned that it could book a drop in full-year profits after weakness in its Swedish business weighed on first-quarter results....
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Greencore sales up on UK, US growth
- Sainsbury's launches kids frozen meal range