UK/MEXICO: Mexican food website in Amazon deal
Amazon adds to UK grocery range
The range of groceries available on Amazon in the UK has been expanded through a deal with Mexican food website mexgrocer.co.uk.
Over 80 lines supplied through mexgrocer are available on amazon.co.uk, including brands like Sabormex's Clemente Jacques and La Sierra, as well as Grupo Herdez's Herdez and Del Fuerte.
The products available include salsas, spices, canned foods and flour.
According to the Amazon website, the tie-up with mexgrocer.co.uk is part of its "add-on programme". The scheme "allows Amazon to offer thousands of low-priced items that would be cost-prohibitive to dispatch on their own", the website reads.
The items are dispatched with qualifying orders of GBP10 or more and are eligible for free delivery.
The online retail giant's moves in the grocery sector are being closely watched.
In November, Canada became the latest market in which Amazon added groceries to its online catalogue.
In the US, Amazon is offering a home delivery service. Amazon Fresh is available in three US cities - Seattle, Los Angeles and, since December, San Francisco.
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details