UK/MEXICO: Mexican food website in Amazon deal
Amazon adds to UK grocery range
The range of groceries available on Amazon in the UK has been expanded through a deal with Mexican food website mexgrocer.co.uk.
Over 80 lines supplied through mexgrocer are available on amazon.co.uk, including brands like Sabormex's Clemente Jacques and La Sierra, as well as Grupo Herdez's Herdez and Del Fuerte.
The products available include salsas, spices, canned foods and flour.
According to the Amazon website, the tie-up with mexgrocer.co.uk is part of its "add-on programme". The scheme "allows Amazon to offer thousands of low-priced items that would be cost-prohibitive to dispatch on their own", the website reads.
The items are dispatched with qualifying orders of GBP10 or more and are eligible for free delivery.
The online retail giant's moves in the grocery sector are being closely watched.
In November, Canada became the latest market in which Amazon added groceries to its online catalogue.
In the US, Amazon is offering a home delivery service. Amazon Fresh is available in three US cities - Seattle, Los Angeles and, since December, San Francisco.
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- The challenge of digital marketing and ROI
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus