US: Mexican pasta firm La Moderna "to open first US factory"
Mexican pasta manufacturer Grupo La Moderna has reportedly started construction of its first US factory in Cleburne, Texas.
According to local reports and a filing with the Consulate of Mexico in Dallas, the US$30m factory will produce pasta and soups. The plant is expected to open in 2016 and 2017.
The opening will see 80-100 jobs created.
Grupo La Moderna did not respond to requests for comment when approached by just-food.
Sectors: Dried foods
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning