USA: Mexican Restaurants Inc. announces 1st quarter revenues and profits
Mexican Restaurants Inc. (Nasdaq:CASA) yesterday announced results for the first quarter ended April 1, 2001. The Company's revenues for the first quarter of fiscal 2001 were down 0.7% to $15.8 million over revenues of $15.9 million for the same quarter a year ago. Restaurant sales for the first quarter of 2001 were down $94,446 to $15.5 million compared with same quarter a year ago. The decline was due to a decrease in the number of restaurants. Two restaurants were closed, one was converted to a franchise-owned restaurant and one new restaurant was opened since the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2000. Total system sales at restaurants operating in both fiscal quarters (``same-stores'') increased 2.5%. Company-owned same-store sales increased 2.8%. Franchise-owned same-store sales for the quarter increased 2.1%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review