USA: Mexican Restaurants Inc. announces 1st quarter revenues and profits
Mexican Restaurants Inc. (Nasdaq:CASA) yesterday announced results for the first quarter ended April 1, 2001. The Company's revenues for the first quarter of fiscal 2001 were down 0.7% to $15.8 million over revenues of $15.9 million for the same quarter a year ago. Restaurant sales for the first quarter of 2001 were down $94,446 to $15.5 million compared with same quarter a year ago. The decline was due to a decrease in the number of restaurants. Two restaurants were closed, one was converted to a franchise-owned restaurant and one new restaurant was opened since the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2000. Total system sales at restaurants operating in both fiscal quarters (``same-stores'') increased 2.5%. Company-owned same-store sales increased 2.8%. Franchise-owned same-store sales for the quarter increased 2.1%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations