US: Mexican Ruiz to open US$55m East Coast plant
Ruiz manufactures the El Monteray products
Mexican food and snack firm Ruiz Food Products is investing US$55m in its first East Coast manufacturing facility.
Conversion of the former Heinz plant, located in Florence County, will start immediately. The site will manufacture a variety of Ruiz' nationally distributed El Monterey and Tornados products in 2015.
"Our expansion strategy included establishing a manufacturing facility on the East Coast. Our products are in high demand with significant growth on the East Coast; and for us at Ruiz Foods, it's all about customer service. After conducting an initial search, we quickly narrowed our choice to this facility in Florence, South Carolina. My compliments to the State of South Carolina, the people of Florence County and the Florence County Economic Development Partnership - their enthusiasm, cooperation, and flexibility made it possible to make our decision quickly," said Rachel Cullen, president and CEO of Ruiz Food Products.
A statement issued by the South Carolina Department of Commerce said "over the next several years" Ruiz Food would employ more than 500 staff across plant management, building and manufacturing equipment maintenance, facilities management, cold storage, food preparation and assembly, quality assurance, mechanical and electrical maintenance and repair, stocking and inventory, shipping and receiving, accounting, clerical, administrative, and janitorial.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The principal strategy of Heinz México SA de CV involves targeting its sales towards the consumer foodservice industry and establishing successful alliances with large chained consumer foodservice ope...
Heinz Foodservice is focused on sales and promotion of its branded condiments, sauces, soups and tomato products targeting full-service, quick-serve and non-commercial restaurants. The company offers ...
Heinz was acquired in 2013 by 3G Capital and Berkshire Hathaway in a US$28 billion deal. The company will receive significantly greater resources to expand its presence in emerging markets where it ha...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details