US: Mexican Ruiz to open US$55m East Coast plant
Ruiz manufactures the El Monteray products
Mexican food and snack firm Ruiz Food Products is investing US$55m in its first East Coast manufacturing facility.
Conversion of the former Heinz plant, located in Florence County, will start immediately. The site will manufacture a variety of Ruiz' nationally distributed El Monterey and Tornados products in 2015.
"Our expansion strategy included establishing a manufacturing facility on the East Coast. Our products are in high demand with significant growth on the East Coast; and for us at Ruiz Foods, it's all about customer service. After conducting an initial search, we quickly narrowed our choice to this facility in Florence, South Carolina. My compliments to the State of South Carolina, the people of Florence County and the Florence County Economic Development Partnership - their enthusiasm, cooperation, and flexibility made it possible to make our decision quickly," said Rachel Cullen, president and CEO of Ruiz Food Products.
A statement issued by the South Carolina Department of Commerce said "over the next several years" Ruiz Food would employ more than 500 staff across plant management, building and manufacturing equipment maintenance, facilities management, cold storage, food preparation and assembly, quality assurance, mechanical and electrical maintenance and repair, stocking and inventory, shipping and receiving, accounting, clerical, administrative, and janitorial.
Infant formulas and baby food products are specially designed for infants and toddlers. These products are easy to consume and provide for the nutritional needs of babies. Baby food products come in a...
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- What delay means for UK child obesity strategy
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Tesco drops John West products over sustainability
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- New Quaker Oats range targets wellness trend