USA: M&F Worldwide Corp. Reports Income for 2000 Second Quarter
M&F Worldwide Corp. (NYSE: MFW) today reported results for the second quarter ended July 2, 2000. Sales for the second quarter were $24.5 million as compared to sales of $24.8 million in the prior year quarter. Net income available to common shareholders for the second quarter amounted to $5.1 million or $0.25 per basic or diluted share. This compares to $4.4 million or $0.21 per basic share in 1999 or $4.8 million or $0.21 per diluted share for the 1999 quarter. For the six-month period, sales were $47.2 million as compared to sales of $48.9 million in the prior year period. Net income available to common shareholders for the six-month period amounted to $9.5 million or $0.46 per basic or diluted share. This compares to $8.5 million or $0.41 per basic share in 1999 or $9.3 million or $0.40 per diluted share for the 1999 period. Even though the Company has reported its results on a fully taxed basis, it still has approximately $124 million of tax loss carryforwards available at July 2, 2000, which can be utilized to offset future federal income taxes payable. Second quarter sales were negatively affected by lower shipment volume to the Company's non-licorice natural product customers. This decline was partially offset by an increase in revenues from the Company's domestic and foreign licorice operations. A reduction in selling, general and administrative expenses and raw material costs enabled the Company to improve its operating margin to 38.8% as compared to 35.9% in the prior year quarter. Outstanding debt declined from $46.0 million at April 2, 2000, to $41.1 million at July 2, 2000. M&F Worldwide is the world's largest producer of licorice extract and sells other natural botanical products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report