USA: M&F Worldwide Corporation Reports Income for 2001 First Quarter
M&F Worldwide Corp. (NYSE: MFW), today reported results for the first quarter ended April 1, 2001. Sales for the first quarter were $25.0 million as compared to $22.7 million in the prior year quarter. Net income available to common stockholders for the first quarter amounted to $9.0 million or $0.47 per share as compared to $4.4 million or $0.21 per share for the prior year quarter. In February the Company completed a reversion of its salaried pension plan and realized $33.8 million in cash after paying an excise tax of $8.5 million. A net after excise tax gain of $11.0 million was recognized in the quarter and $7.6 million was recorded in the tax provision relating to this gain. The Company's net income available to stockholders excluding the impact of the pension reversion would have been $5.6 million or $0.29 per share as compared to $4.4 million or $0.21 per share for the prior year quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review