UK: Micap ups focus on food ingredients
Micap has said that it is in talks over the sale of parts of the business that no longer fit with the group's focus on food ingredients.
The news comes following a review of the business with a view to maximising shareholder returns.
The UK ingredients company said that it is now seeking to dispose of these businesses and is in discussions with agents and potential buyers to that end.
During the review process, Micap also said that it has identified a number of potential acquisition opportunities.
When contacted by just-food the company declined to reveal which units it is looking to off-load as "discussions are ongoing".
"It is too early to say which companies we have identified as a good strategic fit," a spokesperson added.
Sectors: Commodities & ingredients
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast