USA: Michael Foods and Patent Holder Receive Product Patent
Michael Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: MIKL) announced today that the U. S. Patent and Trademark Office has issued a Notice of Allowability regarding the reissuance of the fourth of four egg processing patents it exclusively licenses from North Carolina State University. Importantly, the reissued patent includes product claims beyond the process claims previously allowed. Notably, the product claims cover extended shelf-life liquid eggs with an extended refrigerated shelf-life. Based upon this significantly enhanced patent protection, management expects to aggressively pursue parties who have infringed the four licensed patents, or may do so in the future. Please see a Michael Foods news release of September 22, 1999 and/or Michael Foods' Form 10-K for 1999 or Form 10-Q for the Period Ended June 30, 2000 for background information.Chairman, C.E.O., and President Gregg A. Ostrander commented, "We are gratified that our many years of pursuing a product patent have now borne fruit. Our competitors should be on notice that we will aggressively pursue those who have infringed our patent rights."Michael Foods, Inc. is a diversified food processor and distributor with particular interests in egg products, refrigerated grocery products, specialty dairy products and refrigerated potato products. Principal subsidiaries include Papetti's Hygrade Egg Products, Inc., M. G. Waldbaum Company, Crystal Farms Refrigerated Distribution Company, Kohler Mix Specialties, Inc. and Northern Star Co.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements