US: Michael Foods appoints new president
Diversified food processor and distributor Michael Foods has announced that Gregg A. Ostrander, chairman and CEO, has appointed James D. Clarkson to the additional office of president. The appointment is part of the company's long-term succession planning.
Clarkson, who joined the company in 1994, will retain his responsibility for the egg and potato divisions and his position as chief operating officer.
Michaels Foods principal subsidiaries include M. G. Waldbaum Company, Papetti's Hygrade Egg Products, Crystal Farms Refrigerated Distribution Company and Northern Star Co, which process and distribute egg products, refrigerated grocery products and refrigerated potato products.
Commenting on the appointment, Ostrander said: "J.D. has been a tremendous asset to our organisation for twelve years. He has intimate knowledge of each of our three divisions and I have complete confidence in J.D. and in his proven leadership capabilities. I know he will do well as he leads the growth efforts of our three business units."
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre