USA: Michael Foods Elects Ostrander Chairman of Board; Michael Elected Vice Chairman/Lead Director
Michael Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: MIKL - news) announced today that the Board of Directors has elected Gregg A. Ostrander as Chairman of the Board. Ostrander, 47, replaces Arvid C. Knudtson, who served as Chairman the past three years. Knudtson, 73, who retired as Board Chairman, remains a director of the Company. Along with his new duties, Ostrander continues to serve as President and Chief Executive Officer. Ostrander joined the Company in 1993 as Chief Operating Officer and became C.E.O. and a director in 1994. Additionally, Jeffrey J. Michael has been elected Vice Chairman/Lead Director. Michael, 43, is President and Chief Executive Office of Corstar Holdings, Inc. and has served as a director of Michael Foods since 1990.Michael Foods, Inc. is a diversified food processor and distributor with particular interests in egg products, refrigerated grocery products, specialty dairy products and refrigerated potato products. Principal subsidiaries include Papetti's Hygrade Egg Products, Inc., M. G. Waldbaum Company, Crystal Farms Refrigerated Distribution Company, Kohler Mix Specialties, Inc. and Northern Star Co.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant