USA: Michael Foods Elects Ostrander Chairman of Board; Michael Elected Vice Chairman/Lead Director
Michael Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: MIKL - news) announced today that the Board of Directors has elected Gregg A. Ostrander as Chairman of the Board. Ostrander, 47, replaces Arvid C. Knudtson, who served as Chairman the past three years. Knudtson, 73, who retired as Board Chairman, remains a director of the Company. Along with his new duties, Ostrander continues to serve as President and Chief Executive Officer. Ostrander joined the Company in 1993 as Chief Operating Officer and became C.E.O. and a director in 1994. Additionally, Jeffrey J. Michael has been elected Vice Chairman/Lead Director. Michael, 43, is President and Chief Executive Office of Corstar Holdings, Inc. and has served as a director of Michael Foods since 1990.Michael Foods, Inc. is a diversified food processor and distributor with particular interests in egg products, refrigerated grocery products, specialty dairy products and refrigerated potato products. Principal subsidiaries include Papetti's Hygrade Egg Products, Inc., M. G. Waldbaum Company, Crystal Farms Refrigerated Distribution Company, Kohler Mix Specialties, Inc. and Northern Star Co.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre