USA: Michael Foods Elects Ostrander Chairman of Board; Michael Elected Vice Chairman/Lead Director
Michael Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: MIKL - news) announced today that the Board of Directors has elected Gregg A. Ostrander as Chairman of the Board. Ostrander, 47, replaces Arvid C. Knudtson, who served as Chairman the past three years. Knudtson, 73, who retired as Board Chairman, remains a director of the Company. Along with his new duties, Ostrander continues to serve as President and Chief Executive Officer. Ostrander joined the Company in 1993 as Chief Operating Officer and became C.E.O. and a director in 1994. Additionally, Jeffrey J. Michael has been elected Vice Chairman/Lead Director. Michael, 43, is President and Chief Executive Office of Corstar Holdings, Inc. and has served as a director of Michael Foods since 1990.Michael Foods, Inc. is a diversified food processor and distributor with particular interests in egg products, refrigerated grocery products, specialty dairy products and refrigerated potato products. Principal subsidiaries include Papetti's Hygrade Egg Products, Inc., M. G. Waldbaum Company, Crystal Farms Refrigerated Distribution Company, Kohler Mix Specialties, Inc. and Northern Star Co.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning