USA/CANADA: Michael Foods to acquire Canadian Inovatech's egg products business
Minnetonka, Minn.-based diversified food processor and distributor Michael Foods has signed an Asset Purchase Agreement with Canadian Inovatech to acquire its egg products assets through Michael Foods' wholly-owned Canadian subsidiary, MFI Food Canada. The assets, which include customer lists and egg processing equipment, are expected to generate about C$70m (US$44.8m) in sales this year. Michael Foods will also enter into long-term leases for two plants presently operated by Canadian Inovatech.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations