USA :MICROS To Provide Data Warehouse Solution for AmeriKing
MICROS Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:MCRS), a leading provider of information technology solutions for the hospitality industry, has been selected to provide a data warehouse system for AmeriKing, the nation's largest independent Burger King franchisee. The system will be powered by MICROS's InSight technology, Information polled from AmeriKing's back-of-store systems is loaded into an Operational Data Store that allows for immediate exception reporting and alerts on the polled data. The Warehouse is built using Star Schema design to optimize the speed of reporting and analysis. "AmeriKing was seeking the best solution to more effectively manage the high volume of data generated by our restaurants, as well as a Decision Support System that could support our managers and grow along with our long-range plans," stated Hernando Manrique, Chief Information Officer, of AmeriKing. "In our extensive review, it was clear that MICROS had the right technology and tools that would allow us to handle data from multiple locations in just one data warehouse and for our managers in the field and headquarters to access information easily to support their business decisions and projections". "Data warehousing is a critical tool that helps businesses reap new benefits from the data they collect every day," said Fred Goebel, Vice President Sales and Strategies. "Not only can companies increase their revenues and profits based on a better understanding of their customers and sales activities, but they can also realize operations savings via improved management practices. Utilizing these enhanced decision making capabilities gives companies with data warehouses an increased competitive advantage."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review