USA: Midwest Grain Products changes name to MGP Ingredients
Midwest Grain Products is now MGP Ingredients. The name change took effect yesterday [Thursday] at the close of the company's annual meeting of stockholders. As of today, the company's ticker symbol on the NASDAQ National Market has become MGPI, replacing the former symbol, MWGP. Discussing underlying reasons for the name change, president and CEO Ladd Seaberg said: "The markets we serve have expanded in scope. As more of our customers serve an increasingly sophisticated consumer base, we have strengthened our focus to meet their needs through the development, production and marketing of several fascinating lines of specialty proteins and starches. This re-branding really serves to reinforce our strategic emphasis on being a premier supplier of specialty ingredient solutions to our customers who produce food, personal care and pet products."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast