USA: Midwest Grain Products changes name to MGP Ingredients
Midwest Grain Products is now MGP Ingredients. The name change took effect yesterday [Thursday] at the close of the company's annual meeting of stockholders. As of today, the company's ticker symbol on the NASDAQ National Market has become MGPI, replacing the former symbol, MWGP. Discussing underlying reasons for the name change, president and CEO Ladd Seaberg said: "The markets we serve have expanded in scope. As more of our customers serve an increasingly sophisticated consumer base, we have strengthened our focus to meet their needs through the development, production and marketing of several fascinating lines of specialty proteins and starches. This re-branding really serves to reinforce our strategic emphasis on being a premier supplier of specialty ingredient solutions to our customers who produce food, personal care and pet products."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action