USA: Midwest Grain Products changes name to MGP Ingredients
Midwest Grain Products is now MGP Ingredients. The name change took effect yesterday [Thursday] at the close of the company's annual meeting of stockholders. As of today, the company's ticker symbol on the NASDAQ National Market has become MGPI, replacing the former symbol, MWGP. Discussing underlying reasons for the name change, president and CEO Ladd Seaberg said: "The markets we serve have expanded in scope. As more of our customers serve an increasingly sophisticated consumer base, we have strengthened our focus to meet their needs through the development, production and marketing of several fascinating lines of specialty proteins and starches. This re-branding really serves to reinforce our strategic emphasis on being a premier supplier of specialty ingredient solutions to our customers who produce food, personal care and pet products."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs