USA: Midwest Grain Products changes name to MGP Ingredients
Midwest Grain Products is now MGP Ingredients. The name change took effect yesterday [Thursday] at the close of the company's annual meeting of stockholders. As of today, the company's ticker symbol on the NASDAQ National Market has become MGPI, replacing the former symbol, MWGP. Discussing underlying reasons for the name change, president and CEO Ladd Seaberg said: "The markets we serve have expanded in scope. As more of our customers serve an increasingly sophisticated consumer base, we have strengthened our focus to meet their needs through the development, production and marketing of several fascinating lines of specialty proteins and starches. This re-branding really serves to reinforce our strategic emphasis on being a premier supplier of specialty ingredient solutions to our customers who produce food, personal care and pet products."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre