USA: Midwest Grain reports significant first quarter earnings improvement
Ladd Seaberg, president and chief executive officer of Midwest Grain Products, Inc. (Nasdaq: MWGP) today announced that the company's earnings performance in the first quarter of fiscal 2002 represented "a significant positive turnaround" versus the same period the prior year. Results for the quarter, which ended Sept. 30, show net income of $2,444,000, or 30 cents per common share, on sales of $54,294,000. That compares to the net loss of $395,000, or 5 cents per common share, on sales of $58,297,000 that the company experienced in the first quarter of fiscal 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study