USA: Midwest Grain reports significant first quarter earnings improvement
Ladd Seaberg, president and chief executive officer of Midwest Grain Products, Inc. (Nasdaq: MWGP) today announced that the company's earnings performance in the first quarter of fiscal 2002 represented "a significant positive turnaround" versus the same period the prior year. Results for the quarter, which ended Sept. 30, show net income of $2,444,000, or 30 cents per common share, on sales of $54,294,000. That compares to the net loss of $395,000, or 5 cents per common share, on sales of $58,297,000 that the company experienced in the first quarter of fiscal 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre