USA: Midwest Grain reports significant first quarter earnings improvement
Ladd Seaberg, president and chief executive officer of Midwest Grain Products, Inc. (Nasdaq: MWGP) today announced that the company's earnings performance in the first quarter of fiscal 2002 represented "a significant positive turnaround" versus the same period the prior year. Results for the quarter, which ended Sept. 30, show net income of $2,444,000, or 30 cents per common share, on sales of $54,294,000. That compares to the net loss of $395,000, or 5 cents per common share, on sales of $58,297,000 that the company experienced in the first quarter of fiscal 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever