USA: Midwest Grain reports third quarter results
Midwest Grain Products, Inc. (Nasdaq: MWGP) reported yesterday that while abnormally high energy costs had a negative impact on the company's earnings for the third quarter of fiscal 2001, conditions currently are much improved. As anticipated in a previous report, skyrocketing natural gas prices caused energy costs to soar in the quarter, which ended March 31. "However, although still higher than they were a year ago, those costs are down from their peak winter levels, helping pave the way for profitability in the fourth quarter," said Ladd Seaberg, president and chief executive officer. "Furthermore," he said, "we are taking measures through our risk management program to better protect against possibilities for future severe hikes in natural gas prices."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill