SWITZERLAND: Migros adds Mars brands to confectionery line-up
Maltesers added to Migros confectionery offering
Swiss cooperative retailer Migros Group will expand its confectionery offering, with the addition of a number of Mars brands.
In an announcement today (28 January), Migros said that it will begin carrying a number of Mars products including Mars, Snickers, Twix, M&Ms and Maltesers. The move comes as part of a wider shift to expand the group's confectionery offer.
As part of that move, a spokesperson confirmed that Migros has cut some of its own label brands - including Tresella et Choco Loco - which have not been received well by consumers.
Nevertheless, Migros insisted that its own label sales - which currently make up about 90% of total sales - would not drop. The group reiterated its commitment to its own brand strategy.
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- Nestle organic sales fall on Asia, Europe
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz jobs in Australasia to go in restructuring
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Tiger pulls Simply Delicious lines in health scare