SWITZERLAND: Migros adds Mars brands to confectionery line-up
Maltesers added to Migros confectionery offering
Swiss cooperative retailer Migros Group will expand its confectionery offering, with the addition of a number of Mars brands.
In an announcement today (28 January), Migros said that it will begin carrying a number of Mars products including Mars, Snickers, Twix, M&Ms and Maltesers. The move comes as part of a wider shift to expand the group's confectionery offer.
As part of that move, a spokesperson confirmed that Migros has cut some of its own label brands - including Tresella et Choco Loco - which have not been received well by consumers.
Nevertheless, Migros insisted that its own label sales - which currently make up about 90% of total sales - would not drop. The group reiterated its commitment to its own brand strategy.
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Bimbo to buy Saputo's bakery arm