SWITZERLAND: Migros adds Mars brands to confectionery line-up
Maltesers added to Migros confectionery offering
Swiss cooperative retailer Migros Group will expand its confectionery offering, with the addition of a number of Mars brands.
In an announcement today (28 January), Migros said that it will begin carrying a number of Mars products including Mars, Snickers, Twix, M&Ms and Maltesers. The move comes as part of a wider shift to expand the group's confectionery offer.
As part of that move, a spokesperson confirmed that Migros has cut some of its own label brands - including Tresella et Choco Loco - which have not been received well by consumers.
Nevertheless, Migros insisted that its own label sales - which currently make up about 90% of total sales - would not drop. The group reiterated its commitment to its own brand strategy.
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- More M&A likely at McCormick - editor's viewpoint
- Hain Celestial eyes disposals, forms venture unit
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market