SWITZERLAND: Migros adds Mars brands to confectionery line-up
Maltesers added to Migros confectionery offering
Swiss cooperative retailer Migros Group will expand its confectionery offering, with the addition of a number of Mars brands.
In an announcement today (28 January), Migros said that it will begin carrying a number of Mars products including Mars, Snickers, Twix, M&Ms and Maltesers. The move comes as part of a wider shift to expand the group's confectionery offer.
As part of that move, a spokesperson confirmed that Migros has cut some of its own label brands - including Tresella et Choco Loco - which have not been received well by consumers.
Nevertheless, Migros insisted that its own label sales - which currently make up about 90% of total sales - would not drop. The group reiterated its commitment to its own brand strategy.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- General Mills to invest in "growth businesses"
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- UPDATE: Hershey rejects Mondelez takeover
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- ForeSights: Edible Cutlery; Cutlery made out of food-grade materials instead of plastic
- Fast Food in India