SWITZERLAND: Migros adds Mars brands to confectionery line-up
Maltesers added to Migros confectionery offering
Swiss cooperative retailer Migros Group will expand its confectionery offering, with the addition of a number of Mars brands.
In an announcement today (28 January), Migros said that it will begin carrying a number of Mars products including Mars, Snickers, Twix, M&Ms and Maltesers. The move comes as part of a wider shift to expand the group's confectionery offer.
As part of that move, a spokesperson confirmed that Migros has cut some of its own label brands - including Tresella et Choco Loco - which have not been received well by consumers.
Nevertheless, Migros insisted that its own label sales - which currently make up about 90% of total sales - would not drop. The group reiterated its commitment to its own brand strategy.
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019