SWITZERLAND: Migros adds Mars brands to confectionery line-up
Maltesers added to Migros confectionery offering
Swiss cooperative retailer Migros Group will expand its confectionery offering, with the addition of a number of Mars brands.
In an announcement today (28 January), Migros said that it will begin carrying a number of Mars products including Mars, Snickers, Twix, M&Ms and Maltesers. The move comes as part of a wider shift to expand the group's confectionery offer.
As part of that move, a spokesperson confirmed that Migros has cut some of its own label brands - including Tresella et Choco Loco - which have not been received well by consumers.
Nevertheless, Migros insisted that its own label sales - which currently make up about 90% of total sales - would not drop. The group reiterated its commitment to its own brand strategy.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- Nestle sets new savings target
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant