SWITZERLAND: Migros adds Mars brands to confectionery line-up
Maltesers added to Migros confectionery offering
Swiss cooperative retailer Migros Group will expand its confectionery offering, with the addition of a number of Mars brands.
In an announcement today (28 January), Migros said that it will begin carrying a number of Mars products including Mars, Snickers, Twix, M&Ms and Maltesers. The move comes as part of a wider shift to expand the group's confectionery offer.
As part of that move, a spokesperson confirmed that Migros has cut some of its own label brands - including Tresella et Choco Loco - which have not been received well by consumers.
Nevertheless, Migros insisted that its own label sales - which currently make up about 90% of total sales - would not drop. The group reiterated its commitment to its own brand strategy.
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: Nestle's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Nestle CFO Martello to move to head Asia unit
- Nestle sales rise on emerging markets, pricing
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Mondelez launches whipped Philadelphia in UK
- Kerry Group launches Meateors meat snacks