SWITZERLAND: Migros adds Mars brands to confectionery line-up
Maltesers added to Migros confectionery offering
Swiss cooperative retailer Migros Group will expand its confectionery offering, with the addition of a number of Mars brands.
In an announcement today (28 January), Migros said that it will begin carrying a number of Mars products including Mars, Snickers, Twix, M&Ms and Maltesers. The move comes as part of a wider shift to expand the group's confectionery offer.
As part of that move, a spokesperson confirmed that Migros has cut some of its own label brands - including Tresella et Choco Loco - which have not been received well by consumers.
Nevertheless, Migros insisted that its own label sales - which currently make up about 90% of total sales - would not drop. The group reiterated its commitment to its own brand strategy.
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues