SWITZERLAND: Migros adds Mars brands to confectionery line-up
Maltesers added to Migros confectionery offering
Swiss cooperative retailer Migros Group will expand its confectionery offering, with the addition of a number of Mars brands.
In an announcement today (28 January), Migros said that it will begin carrying a number of Mars products including Mars, Snickers, Twix, M&Ms and Maltesers. The move comes as part of a wider shift to expand the group's confectionery offer.
As part of that move, a spokesperson confirmed that Migros has cut some of its own label brands - including Tresella et Choco Loco - which have not been received well by consumers.
Nevertheless, Migros insisted that its own label sales - which currently make up about 90% of total sales - would not drop. The group reiterated its commitment to its own brand strategy.
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Monde Nissin "to acquire Menora"
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019