SWITZERLAND: Migros adds Mars brands to confectionery line-up
Maltesers added to Migros confectionery offering
Swiss cooperative retailer Migros Group will expand its confectionery offering, with the addition of a number of Mars brands.
In an announcement today (28 January), Migros said that it will begin carrying a number of Mars products including Mars, Snickers, Twix, M&Ms and Maltesers. The move comes as part of a wider shift to expand the group's confectionery offer.
As part of that move, a spokesperson confirmed that Migros has cut some of its own label brands - including Tresella et Choco Loco - which have not been received well by consumers.
Nevertheless, Migros insisted that its own label sales - which currently make up about 90% of total sales - would not drop. The group reiterated its commitment to its own brand strategy.
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- PepsiCo 2015 results, 2016 outlook - takeaways
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- The mixed fortunes of Kellogg's two main US arms
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- PepsiCo's Nooyi: "macro challenges" will continue
- PepsiCo forecasts dip in sales growth in 2016
- Russia draws up plans for tax on palm oil
- Real Good Food acquires Chantilly Patisserie
- Kellogg US performance hits FY sales, profits