SWITZERLAND: Migros announces sales rise
Swiss food retailer and manufacturer Migros has announced a rise in sales in 2004 to 20.303bn Swiss francs (US$16.9bn). Profit rose to 545m francs from 372m in 2003.
Migros described 2004 as one of its best years, despite difficult economic conditions and a largely saturated market.
Migros reduced the number of its supermarkets by two to 540 during the year.
The company said that it expected growth above average at 2% in 2005, with profits at least as high as in 2004.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw