UK: Milk development council appointment
Current appointments for all Milk Development Council Members end on 6 February 2001 and an appointment exercise is under way to ensure the new Council is in place by 7 February 2001. The MDC funds expenditure on research and development, livestock improvement, human nutritional guidance, the preparation of industry statistics, the provision of market information and the co-ordination of an industry response to health, hygiene and emergency issues. From 1 April 2000 the MDC has been contributing to a generic milk promotion campaign alongside the milk processors. The Council consists of a Chairman and ten members: six represent the interests of milk producers; two represent the interests of those employed in the industry; one has specialist knowledge of the marketing or distribution of dairy products; and two, including the chairman, are independent, with no direct involvement in the dairy industry. Up to seven new members will be required from 2001. Appointments will be for a period of three years (subject to a review of the Council in 2002) with the possibility of re-appointment for a second term. These vacancies will be advertised in the national and trade press. A letter seeking nominations from representative industry organisations has also been sent out today. An information pack and application forms can be obtained from by contacting Mr Jay Jani, MPEP-A, MAFF, Room 501, Whitehall Place, East Block, London SW1A 2HH (telephone 020 7270 8252, fax 020 7270 8116, e-mail
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund