UK: Milk floats are solution to last mile for SimplyOrganic
In a bid to reduce the potential financial problems of the last mile, E-grocer SimplyOrganic has embarked on a three-month delivery pilot programme with Express Dairies . Customers of the mail order and Internet grocer in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, will find their orders arriving on milk floats. If the pilot is successful, it could well be extended further.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast