USA: Milk tampering subject of police investigation
Police in New York have warned milk producers to be on their guard after reports that someone is breaking into dairy farms and contaminating unprocessed milk with antibiotics. Inspectors first discovered the tampering, which leaves the milk unusable, during testing at an Upstate Farmers processing plant. Investigators think that someone put the antibiotics used to treat dairy cows directly into raw milk holding tanks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund