NORTHERN IRELAND: Minister calls for community cooperation in fighting disease
The Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Mrs Bríd Rodgers MLA, has said that an emergency now exists on Foot and Mouth Disease and has called on the whole community for co-operation in containing its spread. Mrs Rodgers said: "Unfortunately, I have now received laboratory confirmation that some at least of the sheep which my Department slaughtered in Meigh on Wednesday last were infected with Foot and Mouth Disease. Accordingly I now have to impose further restrictions on the area in question.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund