NORTHERN IRELAND: Minister calls for community cooperation in fighting disease
The Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Mrs Bríd Rodgers MLA, has said that an emergency now exists on Foot and Mouth Disease and has called on the whole community for co-operation in containing its spread. Mrs Rodgers said: "Unfortunately, I have now received laboratory confirmation that some at least of the sheep which my Department slaughtered in Meigh on Wednesday last were infected with Foot and Mouth Disease. Accordingly I now have to impose further restrictions on the area in question.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin