UK: Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development announces measures to combat Foot and Mouth Disease
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mrs Brid Rodgers MLA today announced the steps which are being taken in GA and Northern Ireland following the discovery of Foot and Mouth Disease at an abattoir in Essex. The Minister said: "The outbreak of Foot and Mouth Disease in England is a very serious development. The disease has potentially devastating consequences for the farming industry, though I am advised that it is not regarded as a human health issue. Because of the fact that Northern Ireland pigs have been slaughtered in the plant in question within the past few days, this is not just an English or GB problem. We in Northern Ireland need to take every step possible to ensure that we protect our industry from the effects of this most damaging disease.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units