UK: Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development announces measures to combat Foot and Mouth Disease
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mrs Brid Rodgers MLA today announced the steps which are being taken in GA and Northern Ireland following the discovery of Foot and Mouth Disease at an abattoir in Essex. The Minister said: "The outbreak of Foot and Mouth Disease in England is a very serious development. The disease has potentially devastating consequences for the farming industry, though I am advised that it is not regarded as a human health issue. Because of the fact that Northern Ireland pigs have been slaughtered in the plant in question within the past few days, this is not just an English or GB problem. We in Northern Ireland need to take every step possible to ensure that we protect our industry from the effects of this most damaging disease.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast