UK: Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development announces measures to combat Foot and Mouth Disease
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mrs Brid Rodgers MLA today announced the steps which are being taken in GA and Northern Ireland following the discovery of Foot and Mouth Disease at an abattoir in Essex. The Minister said: "The outbreak of Foot and Mouth Disease in England is a very serious development. The disease has potentially devastating consequences for the farming industry, though I am advised that it is not regarded as a human health issue. Because of the fact that Northern Ireland pigs have been slaughtered in the plant in question within the past few days, this is not just an English or GB problem. We in Northern Ireland need to take every step possible to ensure that we protect our industry from the effects of this most damaging disease.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs