UK: Ministerial letter warns of danger in beef imports and importance of immediate bans
According to a newspaper article in The Times , a letter sent from Agriculture minister Nick Brown to Prime Minister Tony Blair has revealed that there is no way to ensure that French beef infected with BSE is not reaching the dinner plates of British consumers. "Diplomatic niceties," wrote Brown, should be ignored in favour of immediate bans on beef imports from France, where over 100 cattle have now been diagnosed with the disease.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO