ITALY: Ministries lift export ban on mozzarella
Health and agriculture ministries have declared that Italian buffalo mozzarella is safe for export on the international market.
Tests were carried out at hundreds of mozzarella cheese factories in Italy following the detection of dioxin-tainted products.
The tests were arranged by the authorities in consultation with the European Union after China and Singapore imposed a ban on all imports.
The checks involved factories in the Campania region of Italy where the contamination was detected, including Naples, Caserta and Avellino.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch