ITALY: Mixed Q3 results for Parmalat
- Net profit down
- EBITDA up on price hikes, cost control
- Foreign exchange also benefits
One-off items have hit Parmalat's third-quarter net profit although the Italian dairy group did see its EBITDA increase.
Parmalat, which is controlled by French dairy giant Lactalis, booked net profit of EUR58m (US$73.8m), against EUR75.4m a year earlier. However, EBITDA was up 22.8% at EUR115.8m on the back of price increases, control of overheads and the benefit of foreign exchange.
Net revenue rose 27% to EUR1.41bn thanks in part to the impact of Lactalis's operations in the Americas, which the French group transferred to Parmalat earlier this year.
Parmalat also forecast annual EBITDA of EUR430-440m, compared to EUR374.1m in 2011.
An Italian court last month started to look into the transfer of Lactalis American Group to Parmalat after investors raised concerns about the transaction.
The Board of Directors Approves the Third Interim Report on Operations
at September 30, 2012
? Net revenues increase (+13.2%)
? EBITDA highly improves (+14.6%)
? Solid operating results in Australia and Russia
? Positive performance by LAG: EBITDA +32.9% in the third quarter
? Significant increase in free cash flow
? 2012 guidance: EBITDA expected within a range of 430 to 440 million euros
Click here for the full release.
Original source: Parmalat
Lactalis has become one of the most acquisitive dairy producers over the 2007-2012 period. It moved to third position in global dairy following the acquisition of Parmalat in 2011. The company has con...
Lactalis has signed a draft agreement with Netherlands' VanDrie Group for the sale of its veal processing subsidiary, Tendriade....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Dairy Products in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Milk Powder, Butter, Cheese, Ice Cream and Related Products, Yogurt and Related Products...
Whilst the South African cheese category has tended to be fairly uneventful, there has been a slow move towards pre-packaged or fixed weight hard cheese. Both Clover SA and Parmalat SA offer fixed wei...
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape