US: Mizkan Americas acquires sauces company
Mizkan Americas, the US condiments maker, has acquired World Harbors Sauces & Marinades.
The purchase includes a full line of sauces and marinades, including the World Harbors brand and Buccaneer Blends barbeque sauces.
The deal also includes a production facility in Auburn, Maine. No financial details were disclosed.
"This acquisition broadens our product offerings across several channels of trade, including supermarket retail and foodservice. Strategically, this purchase is in line with our roll up strategy for North America and Europe," said Craig Smith, president and CEO of Mizkan Americas.
The acquisition will also include a US trademark licensing agreement to produce and exclusively distribute Angostura Mixers in the US.
The licensing agreement allows Mizkan Americas to enter a new channel of trade that includes the liquor departments of supermarkets, liquor stores and on premise consumption.
Also included in the acquisition is a US trademark licensing agreement to produce and distribute a line of Angostura Sauces.
The World Harbors transaction is the fourth acquisition for Mizkan Americas in the past four years.
Other deals have included the gourmet and speciality division of Imperial Brands, a subsidiary of French group Belvedere.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre