UK: Mizkan eyes further M&A in UK condiments
Craig Smith tells just-food that Mizkan is eyeing further UK M&A
Japanese food group Mizkan has said it wants to make further acquisitions in the UK condiments market followings its deal to buy Premier Food plc's vinegar and sour pickles business last month.
Speaking exclusively to just-food, Mizkan EuroAmericas president Craig Smith said the company is currently in talks with "a number of acquisition candidates".
The company last month purchased the vinegar and sour pickles business from Premier, including the Sarson's and Haywards brands, for GBP41m (US$63.6m). The transaction included private-label assets, as well as pickled beetroot and piccalilli lines at Premier's facility in Bury St Edmunds.
"The hope is that we can build the UK organisation to a scale that is similar to North America and use the economies of scale to introduce new products to the consumers that haven't been done before. We've got a whole array of products here in North America, many of which would probably translate very well for the UK consumer," Smith told just-food.
Click here to read the full interview with Mizkan EuroAmericas president Craig Smith as he talks to just-food about the company's plans are for the brands it acquired from Premier and about its long-term ambitions in Europe and beyond.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Briefing: The emergence of gluten-free in Spain
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies Market in Egypt: Market Profile to 2017