UK: Mizkan eyes further M&A in UK condiments
Craig Smith tells just-food that Mizkan is eyeing further UK M&A
Japanese food group Mizkan has said it wants to make further acquisitions in the UK condiments market followings its deal to buy Premier Food plc's vinegar and sour pickles business last month.
Speaking exclusively to just-food, Mizkan EuroAmericas president Craig Smith said the company is currently in talks with "a number of acquisition candidates".
The company last month purchased the vinegar and sour pickles business from Premier, including the Sarson's and Haywards brands, for GBP41m (US$63.6m). The transaction included private-label assets, as well as pickled beetroot and piccalilli lines at Premier's facility in Bury St Edmunds.
"The hope is that we can build the UK organisation to a scale that is similar to North America and use the economies of scale to introduce new products to the consumers that haven't been done before. We've got a whole array of products here in North America, many of which would probably translate very well for the UK consumer," Smith told just-food.
Click here to read the full interview with Mizkan EuroAmericas president Craig Smith as he talks to just-food about the company's plans are for the brands it acquired from Premier and about its long-term ambitions in Europe and beyond.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Brexit – How France's food market will be hit
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights