JAPAN: Mizkan sales, earnings driven by overseas growth
- 2013 sales increase 16.8%
- Overseas sales underpin expansion, up 65.4%
- FY ordinary income up 21%
Mizkan sales, earnings rise on overseas expansion
Mizkan Group, the Japan-based food group, booked a jump in 2013 sales and earnings this week, as growth overseas propelled top line gains.
The company posted a 16.8% increase in group revenue, which rose to JPY1.64trn (US$16.16bn). Domestic sales edged up to JPY1.08bn from JPY1.07bn in 2012 but international sales jumped 65.4% to JPY564bn.
Mizkan said it saw growth across its overseas businesses in Asia, Europe and North America. It acquired UK brands Branston, Haywards and Sarson's brands from Premier Foods during the period.
Ordinary income rose to JPY212bn in the period, compared to JPY175bn in 2012, a 21% increase year-on-year.
Click here to view the full release in Japanese.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global syrups & spreads market during May 2014. ...
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015