JAPAN: Mizkan sales, earnings driven by overseas growth
- 2013 sales increase 16.8%
- Overseas sales underpin expansion, up 65.4%
- FY ordinary income up 21%
Mizkan sales, earnings rise on overseas expansion
Mizkan Group, the Japan-based food group, booked a jump in 2013 sales and earnings this week, as growth overseas propelled top line gains.
The company posted a 16.8% increase in group revenue, which rose to JPY1.64trn (US$16.16bn). Domestic sales edged up to JPY1.08bn from JPY1.07bn in 2012 but international sales jumped 65.4% to JPY564bn.
Mizkan said it saw growth across its overseas businesses in Asia, Europe and North America. It acquired UK brands Branston, Haywards and Sarson's brands from Premier Foods during the period.
Ordinary income rose to JPY212bn in the period, compared to JPY175bn in 2012, a 21% increase year-on-year.
Click here to view the full release in Japanese.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global syrups & spreads market during May 2014. ...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- Kerry Group launches Pure free-from meals in UK