USA: ML Macadamia Orchards' contracts upheld
ML Macadamia Orchards, L.P. (NYSE:NUT) was awarded a summary judgment decision Monday (4 June) in support of claims against its exclusive customer, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corporation. The dispute resulted from Mauna Loa's refusal to pay for nuts in accordance with the terms of various nut purchase contracts that had been in effect between the parties for almost 15 years. The court ruled that Mauna Loa had wrongfully deducted and withheld more than $1 million in payments due to ML Macadamia Orchards (MLMO) since October of last year. It is not yet known whether Mauna Loa will appeal the decision.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units