USA: ML Macadamia Orchards' contracts upheld
ML Macadamia Orchards, L.P. (NYSE:NUT) was awarded a summary judgment decision Monday (4 June) in support of claims against its exclusive customer, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corporation. The dispute resulted from Mauna Loa's refusal to pay for nuts in accordance with the terms of various nut purchase contracts that had been in effect between the parties for almost 15 years. The court ruled that Mauna Loa had wrongfully deducted and withheld more than $1 million in payments due to ML Macadamia Orchards (MLMO) since October of last year. It is not yet known whether Mauna Loa will appeal the decision.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020