USA: ML Macadamia Orchards' contracts upheld
ML Macadamia Orchards, L.P. (NYSE:NUT) was awarded a summary judgment decision Monday (4 June) in support of claims against its exclusive customer, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corporation. The dispute resulted from Mauna Loa's refusal to pay for nuts in accordance with the terms of various nut purchase contracts that had been in effect between the parties for almost 15 years. The court ruled that Mauna Loa had wrongfully deducted and withheld more than $1 million in payments due to ML Macadamia Orchards (MLMO) since October of last year. It is not yet known whether Mauna Loa will appeal the decision.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report