USA: ML Macadamia Orchards' contracts upheld
ML Macadamia Orchards, L.P. (NYSE:NUT) was awarded a summary judgment decision Monday (4 June) in support of claims against its exclusive customer, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corporation. The dispute resulted from Mauna Loa's refusal to pay for nuts in accordance with the terms of various nut purchase contracts that had been in effect between the parties for almost 15 years. The court ruled that Mauna Loa had wrongfully deducted and withheld more than $1 million in payments due to ML Macadamia Orchards (MLMO) since October of last year. It is not yet known whether Mauna Loa will appeal the decision.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China