USA: M&M/Mars must buy Fair Trade Chocolate, says over 200 groups
More than 200 religious organisations, labour, consumer, environmental, and human rights groups are calling on confectionery giant M&M/Mars to ensure fair labour practices for cocoa workers. Coming as M&Ms announces the new colour for its candies after a large promotional campaign, a letter sent to M&M/Mars headquarters by the broad based coalition reads: "Surely, most of your customers would be outraged to learn that the sweetness of their favourite chocolate is tainted with the bitterness of slavery and worker exploitation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units