USA: M&M/Mars must buy Fair Trade Chocolate, says over 200 groups
More than 200 religious organisations, labour, consumer, environmental, and human rights groups are calling on confectionery giant M&M/Mars to ensure fair labour practices for cocoa workers. Coming as M&Ms announces the new colour for its candies after a large promotional campaign, a letter sent to M&M/Mars headquarters by the broad based coalition reads: "Surely, most of your customers would be outraged to learn that the sweetness of their favourite chocolate is tainted with the bitterness of slavery and worker exploitation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods