USA: M&M/Mars must buy Fair Trade Chocolate, says over 200 groups
More than 200 religious organisations, labour, consumer, environmental, and human rights groups are calling on confectionery giant M&M/Mars to ensure fair labour practices for cocoa workers. Coming as M&Ms announces the new colour for its candies after a large promotional campaign, a letter sent to M&M/Mars headquarters by the broad based coalition reads: "Surely, most of your customers would be outraged to learn that the sweetness of their favourite chocolate is tainted with the bitterness of slavery and worker exploitation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action