RUSSIA: Moloko to begin Russia's first organic milk production
Multinational dairy company Moloko Holdings is to start production and distribution of Russia's first organic milk in the Ulyanovsk province.
Moloko is understood to have signed a cooperation agreement with local authorities for the project. US firm Aurora Organic Dairy will act as an advisor to the project, a spokesperson for the company told just-food.
"Aurora Organic Dairy's founder and CEO is a principal in Moloko, and he and other AOD executives are advising periodically in this project," the spokesperson said. "We applaud the effort to bring organic dairy products to consumers and retailers in this developing market."
Facing challenging conditions for hypermarket operators in France and other Western European markets, Auchan is battling to improve its price image while maintaining profits, while internet retailers ...
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- Foodservice in the US - what the analysts say
- UK organic industry's bullish outlook
- Sustainability Watch: The US packaging challenge
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm
- Greenyard Foods, Univeg, Peatinvest mulling merger
- Bright Food "to buy 70% of Tnuva"