US: MOM Brands adds Spooners to cereal line
Spooners is available in five variants
US firm MOM Brands had extended its cereal portfolio to include a Spooners ready-to-eat line.
Spooners, available in five variants, is packaged in stand-up gusseted bags, which sit like a box and contain 75% less consumer packaging waste than comparably sized boxed cereals, MOM said.
Variants include: Mixed Berry Multigrain; Cinnamon Multigrain; and Frosted Multigrain.
Each bag contains biscuits with flavoured 'morsels' baked into the middle. Most varieties also contain triticale - a cross between rye and wheat, with higher levels of essential amino acids. All are free of artificial flavours and preservatives, with no hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup.
MOM Brands Announces Line of Spooners Ready-to-Eat Cereal
New Brand Packaged in Innovative Stand-Up Bags
MINNEAPOLIS--()--MOM Brands® today announced a new addition to its ever-expanding brand portfolio with Spooners® ready-to-eat cereal. The new brand of cereal is packaged in stand-up gusseted bags, which sit on the shelf like a box, yet contain 75% less consumer packaging waste than comparably sized bag-in-box ready-to-eat cereals.
Each bag of Spooners contains biscuits with flavored morsels baked into the middle. The biscuits are based on the MOM Brands award-winning, proprietary 12-layer biscuit, and are made with whole grain wheat. Most varieties also contain triticale – a cross between rye and wheat, with higher levels of essential amino acids. The new cereal is free of artificial flavors and preservatives, with no hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup. All varieties carry the Whole Grain Stamp from the Whole Grains Council and have at least five grams of fiber per serving. Spooners are available in the following flavors:
- Mixed Berry Multigrain Spooners: Made with blueberry morsels baked inside and a just-sweet-enough raspberry frosting
- Cinnamon Multigrain Spooners: Made with 43 grams of whole grains per serving and cinnamon morsels baked inside
- Original Multigrain Spooners: Each serving has 55 grams of whole grains and 7 grams of fiber for a no-nonsense breakfast
- Frosted Multigrain Spooners: A 12-layer biscuit with a touch of sweetness baked inside, along with 44 grams of whole grains
- Chocolate Spooners with Chocolate Chips: For the kid in all of us…a chocolate fix that’s good for you
“We’re committed to providing families with nutritious breakfast options, and we think this new line of cereal hits the sweet spot for people looking for a healthy option, with a touch of sweetness baked in,” said Linda Fisher, director of corporate communications for MOM Brands. “The new Spooners cereals give families a better breakfast at a better price, and that’s something we strive to do with all of our family favorite varieties.”
Spooners brand cereal delivers on MOM Brands’ commitment to high quality at an affordable price. One in 10 servings of breakfast cereal eaten every day is a MOM Brands cereal. The company’s brand portfolio includes a wide variety of cereals, ranging from Malt-O-Meal® brand family-favorite ready-to-eat varieties to the 23 flavors of Better Oats® instant oatmeal.
About MOM Brands
MOM Brands is the largest family owned cereal company in the U.S. The company has produced quality cereal products since 1919 and manufactures many varieties of oatmeal, family favorite ready-to-eat and natural cereals as well as its original, farina-based hot cereal. Today, one in 10 servings of breakfast cereal eaten every day is a MOM Brands cereal. Dedicated to finding better ways to make a better breakfast at a better price, MOM Brands is continually innovating to produce, package and transport its cereals in ways that reduce environmental impact. For more information about MOM Brands and its cereal products please visit www.MOMBrands.com.
Original source: MOM Brands
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Brexit – How France's food market will be hit
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights