US: MOM Brands expands RTE cereal offering
MOM Brands has expanded its portfolio of ready to eat cereals with the addition of Spooners biscuits.
Mom said the Spooners bisciuts contain "flavoured morsels" baked in the middle, are made with whole grain wheat and carry the whole grain stamp from the Whole Grain Council.
The new line includes five varieties: mixed berry, cinnamon, original multigrain, frosted and chocolate.
"We're committed to providing families with nutritious breakfast options, and we think this new line of cereal hits the sweet spot for people looking for a healthy option, with a touch of sweetness baked in," said Linda Fisher, director of corporate communications for MOM Brands.
MOM Brands Announces Line of Spooners Ready-to-Eat Cereal
New Brand Packaged in Innovative Stand-Up Bags
MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MOM Brands® today announced a new addition to its ever-expanding brand portfolio with Spooners® ready-to-eat cereal. The new brand of cereal is packaged in stand-up gusseted bags, which sit on the shelf like a box, yet contain 75% less consumer packaging waste than comparably sized bag-in-box ready-to-eat cereals.
Each bag of Spooners contains biscuits with flavored morsels baked into the middle. The biscuits are based on the MOM Brands award-winning, proprietary 12-layer biscuit, and are made with whole grain wheat. Most varieties also contain triticale - a cross between rye and wheat, with higher levels of essential amino acids. The new cereal is free of artificial colors and flavors, with no hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup. All varieties carry the Whole Grain Stamp from the Whole Grains Council and have at least five grams of fiber per serving. Spooners are available in the following flavors:
Mixed Berry Multigrain Spooners: Made with blueberry morsels baked inside and a just-sweet-enough raspberry frosting
Cinnamon Multigrain Spooners: Made with 43 grams of whole grains per serving and cinnamon morsels baked inside
Original Multigrain Spooners: Each serving has 55 grams of whole grains and 7 grams of fiber for a no-nonsense breakfast
Frosted Multigrain Spooners: A 12-layer biscuit with a touch of sweetness baked inside, along with 44 grams of whole grains
Chocolate Spooners with Chocolate Chips: For the kid in all of us...a chocolate fix that's good for you
"We're committed to providing families with nutritious breakfast options, and we think this new line of cereal hits the sweet spot for people looking for a healthy option, with a touch of sweetness baked in," said Linda Fisher, director of corporate communications for MOM Brands. "The new Spooners cereals give families a better breakfast at a better price, and that's something we strive to do with all of our family favorite varieties."
Spooners brand cereal delivers on MOM Brands' commitment to high quality at an affordable price.. The company's brand portfolio includes a wide variety of cereals, including Sally'sready-to-eat cereal and oatmeal, which entered the Canadian market in the summer of 2011.
Original source: MOM Brands
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights