UK: Mondelez combines Cadbury, Chips Ahoy for latest launch
Dairy Milk and Chips Ahoy collaborate for latest launch
The snack firm said "the success" of its Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo and Daim launches has prompted it to bring together another two brands expected to drive incremental sales across the chocolate tablets range.
The 120g tablet blends chunks of Chips Ahoy cookie with Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate.
Matthew Williams, marketing activation director at Mondelez International, said: "Combining popular brands creates excitement among consumers, opening up a much larger market and offers retailers the opportunity to boost sales. We want to drive excitement and awareness around the Cadbury Dairy Milk co-brand range, appealing to younger consumers and promoting bold combinations."
The Cadbury Dairy Milk Chips Ahoy product launches in September and has an RSP of GBP1.42 (US$2.43).
Cadbury Dairy Milk’s co-branded range is getting another boost, with the launch of its Cadbury Dairy Milk Chips Ahoy tablet.
Following on the success of Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo and Daim, the nation’s favourite chocolate brand is bringing together another two hugely popular global brands in an exciting collaboration that aims to drive incremental sales across the chocolate tablets range. The new 120g tablet blends delicious chunks of Chips Ahoy cookie with creamy Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate.
Chips Ahoy is the number one Chocolate Chip cookie in the world, generating $569 million in sales per year in the USA and $816m globally.
The whole co-branded range will be supported by £2m UK marketing investment, including PR, outdoor advertising, digital and in-store activity.
Combining power brands has been a huge success for Cadbury Dairy Milk with Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo being worth £19.4m and the third best selling Cadbury Dairy Milk tablet in the UK market.
The Co-Brand range is not only driving penetration of Cadbury Dairy Milk, but also driving incrementality, with 67% of sales being incremental to tablets and 41% incremental to total chocolate.
Matthew Williams, Marketing Activation Director at Mondelez International, said: “We’ve been delighted with the success of Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo and Daim, and we’re excited to build on the success with the launch of Cadbury Dairy Milk Chips Ahoy.
Original source: Mondelez International
2014 was a challenging but significant year for Mondelez. The company remains strong across a broad range of regions, unlike other confectionery and snacks manufacturers. The company has also made sig...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights