US: Mondelez completes Kraft spin-off
The spin was completed yesterday (1 October). Mondelez and Kraft Foods Group will both trade on the NASDAQ.
Mondelez International Completes Spin-Off of Its North American Grocery Business
NORTHFIELD, Ill., Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ), formerly Kraft Foods Inc., announced today that it has completed the previously announced spin-off of its North American grocery business, Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT).
At 5 p.m. EDT on Oct. 1, 2012 (the "distribution date"), Mondelez International completed the spin-off by distributing all outstanding shares of Kraft Foods Group common stock that it owned ratably to its shareholders of record as of the close of business on Sept. 19, 2012. The distribution was based on a distribution ratio of one share of Kraft Foods Group common stock for every three shares of Mondelez International common stock.
Concurrent with the spin-off, Kraft Foods Inc. changed its name to Mondelez International, Inc. Starting tomorrow, Oct. 2, 2012, Mondelez International will trade on The NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol "MDLZ," and Kraft Foods Group will trade on The NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol "KRFT." The ticker symbol "KFT" has been retired.
Mondelez International will file its separation agreements with Kraft Foods Group and certain pro forma financial information with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). Please visit www.mondelezinternational.com/investor for additional information regarding the spin-off, including links to filings with the SEC.
Original source: Mondelez International
Last week ended as it started: with a household brand caught up in the horsemeat contamination scandal. On Monday, Nestle said it had pulled Buitoni products in Spain and Italy after positive tests an...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- just-food's three top tips for M&A deals in 2016
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US
- Coca-Cola to invest in Nigerian dairy group Chi