Mondelez evaluating Oreo production in Morocco
Mondelez mulling Moroccan production for Oreo brand
Mondelez International is considering starting to manufacture its Oreo brand at two production facilities in Morocco.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food the group's two biscuit factories in the country are "in line" with Mondelez standards and "may produce Oreo" biscuits "if we confirm the opportunity to do that".
Potentially, the spokesperson revealed, Oreos made in the country would be sold in Morocco and in export markets.
The company did not comment on whether it is increasing investment in its Moroccan facilities. Details of when a decision on starting production in the country will be made were not released.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1