Mondelez launches Belvita Bites in US
Mondelez hoping to pick up more consumers looking for convenient options for breakfast
Mondelez International is expanding its Belvita breakfast biscuits range in the US with the launch of Belvita Bites.
The original Belvita biscuits, which the then Kraft Foods introduced into the US in 2012, were targeted at consumers who did not have time to eat products more traditionally associated with breakfast.
In that vein, Mondelez said the mini-biscuits would give US consumers a "new on-the-go breakfast option".
"Mornings are a particularly busy time. The opportunity to enjoy a sit-down meal just isn't there these days," said Mikhail Chapnik, senior brand Manager for Bevita. "We are excited to offer our consumers a quick, on-the-go and nutritious breakfast choice that can be enjoyed no matter how busy their schedules. The portability and poppability of Belvita Bites Breakfast Biscuits make it simple and fun to enjoy while on-the-go as part of a complete breakfast."
The new biscuits are available in two flavors - chocolate and mixed berry. Each 50g serving of the biscuits contains 230 calories, 20g of whole grain and 4g of fibre. Mondelez said the products "should be enjoyed with a serving of fruit and low-fat or non-fat dairy for a balanced breakfast". The biscuits have suggested retail price of US$3.69 per box.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti