UK: Mondelez launches Maynards Discovery Patch Animals
Maynards launches "educational" candy
Mondelez International said hopes to bring "families" to the gummy candy category in the UK with the launch of Maynards Discovery Patch Animals.
Discovery Patch Animals include fruit flavour jelly and foam sweets with "fun" animal shapes.
An "interactive" world map features on packaging, Mondelez said. The company has also developed an app to allow consumers to "discover even more". Consumers can download the app and then scan the front of pack to unlock additional content.
The launch is being supported by a GBP3m (US$5m) advertising spend, including TV, out of home, digital and in-store activity.
Maynards brings adventurous family fun to candy category
Maynards is adding even more excitement and adventure to the candy category this spring, with the launch of the Maynards Discovery Patch Animals.
Discovery Patch Animals includes fruit flavour jelly and foam sweets with fun new animal shapes to discover, each with amazing definition, bright colours, delicious fruity flavours and a mixture of jelly and foamy textures to delight the senses! Every pack features an interactive world map with fun facts to extend family fun time and spark children's imagination.
The fun doesn't stop there, as Maynards have created an app which allows families to discover even more. By downloading the app, then scanning the front of each pack, families can unlock a new unique augmented reality experience with additional content to extend the fun times even further.
Supported by a UK media investment of £3 million this year, including TV, out of home (close to stores), digital and in-store activity, the new range aims to attract new families to the category.
Zoe Cashin-Howe, Senior Brand Manager for Candy at Mondelez International, said: "We're hoping to drive penetration among families with our unique and imaginative Maynards Discovery Patch launch. We think the fun shapes and delicious taste of will make it something that families will love, giving their imagination something to chew on!
"Mums have told us that they think the product will be great for the whole family - they think it's a really different product and love that it helps them spend more quality time together while developing their children's learning and creativity."
Maynards Discovery Animals will be available in 125g packs, available in a promotional £1 (RRP1) price marked pack to encourage trial sales in store.
What does this mean for the retailer?
Delight even more customers with new product for family occasions
Ensure Maynards Discovery Animals packs are stocked in advance of £3m consumer media investment to meet demand and help maximise the opportunity
Original source: Mondelez International
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- General Mills to invest in "growth businesses"
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – How France's food market will be hit
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Baby Nutrition Insights - Issue 27