UK: Mondelez launches Maynards Discovery Patch Animals
Maynards launches "educational" candy
Mondelez International said hopes to bring "families" to the gummy candy category in the UK with the launch of Maynards Discovery Patch Animals.
Discovery Patch Animals include fruit flavour jelly and foam sweets with "fun" animal shapes.
An "interactive" world map features on packaging, Mondelez said. The company has also developed an app to allow consumers to "discover even more". Consumers can download the app and then scan the front of pack to unlock additional content.
The launch is being supported by a GBP3m (US$5m) advertising spend, including TV, out of home, digital and in-store activity.
Maynards brings adventurous family fun to candy category
Maynards is adding even more excitement and adventure to the candy category this spring, with the launch of the Maynards Discovery Patch Animals.
Discovery Patch Animals includes fruit flavour jelly and foam sweets with fun new animal shapes to discover, each with amazing definition, bright colours, delicious fruity flavours and a mixture of jelly and foamy textures to delight the senses! Every pack features an interactive world map with fun facts to extend family fun time and spark children's imagination.
The fun doesn't stop there, as Maynards have created an app which allows families to discover even more. By downloading the app, then scanning the front of each pack, families can unlock a new unique augmented reality experience with additional content to extend the fun times even further.
Supported by a UK media investment of £3 million this year, including TV, out of home (close to stores), digital and in-store activity, the new range aims to attract new families to the category.
Zoe Cashin-Howe, Senior Brand Manager for Candy at Mondelez International, said: "We're hoping to drive penetration among families with our unique and imaginative Maynards Discovery Patch launch. We think the fun shapes and delicious taste of will make it something that families will love, giving their imagination something to chew on!
"Mums have told us that they think the product will be great for the whole family - they think it's a really different product and love that it helps them spend more quality time together while developing their children's learning and creativity."
Maynards Discovery Animals will be available in 125g packs, available in a promotional £1 (RRP1) price marked pack to encourage trial sales in store.
What does this mean for the retailer?
Delight even more customers with new product for family occasions
Ensure Maynards Discovery Animals packs are stocked in advance of £3m consumer media investment to meet demand and help maximise the opportunity
Original source: Mondelez International
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities